Wednesday 13 August 2014

Millwall Rugby - Physio News, Courses, Rotas


To All Current and New Season Physios

This is an email I've just sent, please contact me if you are interested but have not received it yet.

Hello Everyone

For everyone new, thanks very much for contacting the club about the opportunities available with us. We're delighted to have you and look forward to a great season, I'm sure you will learn a lot and have fun along the way. For anyone from last season, welcome back!*

Here is some information about next steps

Open Nights
I will organise at least three Open Nights where  you can drop into the club and Charlie (Millwall physio & King's student) and I can give you an introduction and you can ask questions. I know some of you are away so don't worry, its just a casual chat, a quick presentation and beer. I can informally meet you other times as well, usually Monday and Wednesdays.
1. Wednesday August 20th
2. Wednesday September 10th
3. Wednesday September 24th

First Aid and Taping Courses
The dates that are available to me so far are
1. First Aid - Sunday September 21 (requested)
2. Taping - Sunday October 5th (requested and part confirmed)
I'd rather do both of these earlier or even doing the First Aid on a Tuesday\Thursday after September 22. I realise these will not be ideal but its looking like we could run two dates for each course. Please send me your availability in as much detail if you haven't done so already

On-Pitch Scenarios
I'll set this up but don't have details yet. It will likely be a Saturday morning.

Games Rota
Here are the links to the rotas for the year, we do self service in Millwall as far as possible. All you need to do is look at the dates you can realistically do and add your name in to a slot. We can have 3 or 4 physios at each home game but only about 2 for away games due to transport limitations. If someone is already in the slot, add your name to it (be careful not to delete names). If you need to change it later, no problem, just let me know. You should all have access to the games rota by now. I will probably need to move some names around later so we get a mix of experience and we get the same people with the same teams but we can agree on coverage.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj8R-syHKdwIdEJCTUl6NHBDZDBnZm4zR3A5MW8zZkE&usp=sharing

Massage Rota
We will also do a massage rota where you can practise your massage course skills. These will be on Wednesdays. Lets plan for 2 people per night and we'll see what the demand is like from you and the players
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj8R-syHKdwIdHAyUGRTWjVkWlZha09Qc1E5TkFzdVE&usp=sharing

If you cannot read\edit the rota, let me know and I can either permission you or add you

That's it for now, drop me a line here or via Facebook if there is something I can help with. Also I can probably meet you most times at the club house if you are available. I'm away Aug 30th to Sept 7th

*If anyone from last season cannot continue again, just let me know and I can take you off the email list. If you need anything from the club, let me know and I will help,

Thanks

Tim McDonagh

First Aid Officer
Millwall Rugby Club
75 Manchester Road - London - E14 3DN
+44 7795 436715  timmcdonagh@millwallrugby.com - www.millwallrugby.com

Follow us on Twitter @millwallrugby - Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/millwallrugbyphysio/

No comments:

Post a Comment